Public Relations Specialist
Public relations specialists act as liaisons between their employer or client and the public. They establish and maintain good-natured, cooperative relationships with the news media, consumers, the government, local communities and other public-interest groups.
Public relations specialists assist organizations and individuals with building and maintaining a positive public image. This often includes developing press releases and drafting speeches.
We are looking for a competent Public Relations (PR) Specialist to shape and protect our client’s corporate image in ways that promote our business, values and mission. The PR specialist will be responsible for maintaining media relations and collaborating with marketing teams in promotional activities.
Prospective candidates should be able to impress us with their copywriting and presentation skills. We are looking for candidates with experience in corporate communications, project management and social media. The ideal candidate should also show a lot of enthusiasm, passion and a pleasant personality.
• Formulate PR plans and strategies
• Enhance the clients’ voice and presence through online and offline channels
• Manage media relations and requests
• Write press releases, speeches and other PR copy
• Plan and supervise events, fairs, conferences etc.
• Support the implementation of promotional plans
• Present solutions in times of PR crisis
• Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
• Lead survey initiatives and analyze public opinion
• Proven experience as public relations specialist or similar position
• Experience in project management and execution of PR campaigns and/or initiatives
• Experience in copywriting and editing
• Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
• Familiarity with social media platforms Twitter, Facebook etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
• Proficiency in English
• A creative yet practical mind
• BSc/BA in PR, communications, journalism or relevant field